Furniture assembly tips? Furniture assembly frequently asked questions: Use a rubber mallet for dowels instead of a hammer to prevent damage to the pre-made holes. Work on a blanket to prevent your floor from getting scratched or dirty or to protect the furniture you’re building. Ask a friend to help, or use clamps to keep pieces together while you work. Shopping for new furniture at IKEA? We’ll guide you through the process, from picking out the furniture to assembling it at home. You can save a bundle buying ready-to-assemble IKEA furniture, but building it can be tricky. Or call Handyman Services of Albuquerque for all your furniture assembly needs in Albuquerque NM! Cost Of Furniture Assembly? Free Estimates! Call Today Or Schedule Furniture Assembly Online Fast!
REQUEST A QUOTE TODAY!
FURNITURE ASSEMBLY SERVICE
Furniture Assembly Tips That Will Save You Time and Frustration
Furniture assembly can seem a little daunting but it doesn’t have to be. This article will help you make easy work of any flat pack assembly project so that you can have your furniture built in no time, and will save you the need for some waste disposal.
It’s very important that you decide what you want to buy before you head to the store and most importantly you will need accurate measurements of the space you have for the furniture you want.
Clear the space before you go and make sure you have extra room to work. All extra things will cost you for the junk removal, so make correct measurements.
Acquire Some Extra Tools
It’s common for flat pack assembly furniture to come with some of the tools that you require such as an Allen key; however, you may need additional tools such as a flat head screwdriver and a Philips head screwdriver or an electric screwdriver with interchangeable bits, a rubber mallet and a hammer which you’ll need to provide yourself.
Follow The Instructions
Every flat pack comes with an instruction manual. Some people think reading the manual is a waste of time and just want to get started. However, the importance of this step can not be stressed enough and it will save you time and frustration if you just take a few moments to read through the manual, understand the sequence, check each component and separate the pieces.
Make sure you count every component to ensure you have been given enough. If anything is missing or damaged then you will need to contact the store and ask for replacement parts.
Don’t Be Afraid To Customize
If you want to make your flat pack furniture to be unique, then you can add your own personal touches like:
• Replace the handles with ones you prefer
• Painting or creating a personal finish – don’t forget to sand and clean the surfaces first and do this before you put the furniture together
• Add a hole for cables
• Replace the feet or wheels
Take Your Time
Don’t rush, or else there will be more rubbish removal and less actual assembly. If you try to rush through the assembly, then you are more likely to make mistakes and have to make furniture repairs. These hints will help you reduce the possibility of damaging your furniture:
Before hammering in nails, place a piece of masking tape where you want the nail to go to prevent the wood from splitting. Just remove the masking tape once the nail is secured.
Use a rubber mallet for dowels instead of a hammer to prevent damage to the pre-made holes.
Work on a blanket to prevent your floor from getting scratched or dirty or to protect the furniture you’re building.
Ask a friend to help, or use clamps to keep pieces together while you work.
Don’t tighten all screws individually, secure the required screws into the panel then tighten them up once they’re all in place to keep your panels evenly placed.
So, if you want to make your next furniture assembly project a piece of cake, just follow the handy tips in this article and you’ll be enjoying your new furniture in no time!
This way you will save the need to hire any clearance services and you won’t have to do junk collection instead of doing proper assembly.
Self-assembled furniture has become very popular over the last decade, providing consumers with quality furniture options and big savings on labor costs. However, it also means that buying the furniture is the easy part! Before you get started, follow these rules to ensure a smooth and productive assembly process:
Buy from brands you’ve heard of
IKEA is the biggest name in self-assembled furniture, but there are many others out there. These companies’ products can vary widely in quality, so sticking with names you know is a good idea.
Research how difficult the furniture is to assemble
Self-assembled furniture instructions are not always clear and easy to follow. Save yourself a lot of hassle by looking up online reviews and testimonials about the piece you plan to buy.
Make sure all the pieces are there before you begin
Nothing is more frustrating than getting deep into an assembly project only to find that a piece is missing. Organize and count the pieces before you begin to verify that you have everything you need.
Make sure you have the right tools
Most self-assembly furniture comes with simple tools to complete the project, but often these tools make the job more difficult and physically demanding. A handheld screwdriver with an easy to grasp handle or certain power tools can make the job faster and more enjoyable.
However, not all assembly projects are simple do-it-yourself jobs. Our professional carpentry service professionals can come directly to your home and put together that new entertainment center, children’s play set, deck furniture, and more so that your family can enjoy it – and you won’t even have to lift a finger.
Contact Handyman Services of Albuquerque today!
Quick Response, Work Guaranteed, Trained & Background Screened Technicians!
OUR GUARANTEE! We provide onsite furniture assembly service!
- Albuquerque NM Furniture Assembly
- Ashley Furniture Albuquerque NM
- Albuquerque Furniture Albuquerque NM
- Office Furniture Assembly Albuquerque
- All Nations Furniture Albuquerque NM
- Albuquerque New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Belen New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Bernalillo New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Bosque Farms New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Casa Blanca New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Cedar Crest New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Clines Corners New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Corrales New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Edgewood New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Espanola New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Estancia New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Gallup New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Grants New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Lemitar New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Los Lunas New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Moriarty New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Mountainair New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Pecos New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Peralta New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Placitas New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Rio Communities New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Rio Rancho New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Santa Fe New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Socorro New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Tijeras New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips
- Tome New Mexico Furniture Assembly Tips